If you’ve landed yourself in a non-criminal driving violation situation, you are staring down a few options. You can either contest the conviction in court and claim that you didn’t do it, hoping to have the ticket thrown out; you can plead guilty, mail in the ticket, pay the fee, and take the points on your license; or you can complete a traffic school that will remove the points from your license so you are not staring at license revocation in the future. Obviously, completing traffic school makes the most sense for future violations, since gambling with a “thrown out ticket” doesn’t always go the way you intended.
Of course, for many people, they need to factor in the total cost for completing this kind of course, as well as any other hidden fees. That’s why it’s fair to ask yourself: how much is traffic school? Since we live in the U.S., it varies based on state, which is why we are going to use Florida as our example for this guide.
How Much is Traffic School in Florida?
There are a variety of state-sanctioned online traffic schools in Florida, which is why it’s important to compare your options. Generally, these courses range from $5-$25 and take about 4-8 hours to complete them. There are online courses that can be available for less, which is something to consider if you are budgeting out your available savings for the year ahead.
In Florida, completing a traffic school does not spare you from the original ticket fine, so keep that in mind as well. Every state mandates their own traffic school fee that will be tacked on top of the fee for completing the course outright.
Driving Logic Traffic School Course
Therefore, in order to keep costs low for you, our online course is only $5.94. It is designed to be completed over a 4-hour period, and can guarantee you with the following:
- 99.9% completion rates & certificates: At the end of the day, you are paying to receive a certificate that you can mail back to the DMV and use to wipe your license. That’s why we work hard to guarantee a 99.9% completion rate for our course. We know you are investing in your future, so we will work with you to ensure you acquire the necessary information to be a safer and more alert driver in the future. At the end of the course, you will be able to print out the certificate that you can immediately mail in, or possibly send though an email to the right person.
- Instructors on-hand for questions: We have instructors available to you throughout the course so that you can ask questions and receive clarification while you are studying the material. We also include resources and notes that will help you with the necessary tests you must complete as you go through the modules.
- Open-notebook tests: We know that testing isn’t for everyone, which is why we include open-notebook tests so you can use all of your available information while you complete each question. Take your time, and return back to the portal as much as you need over a time period that works for you.
At this point, for the state of Florida, you can estimate the total cost of traffic school to be $24.89, which includes our course fee and the Florida state fee. On top of that, be sure to consider the initial traffic violation fee, which typically ranges from $50 to $250.
However, don’t think that this entire process is a money drain. There is actually a portion of money you will be saving by working with your insurance company.
Don’t Forget About Insurance Savings
On average, car insurance rates go up by 31% after one at-fault accident with more than $2,000 in damage, or by $450 per year. As you can see, that is a massive inflation in rates that you can do nothing about. However, many insurance companies are willing to work with drivers that will attend a traffic school.
By completing a traffic school, you will be saving thousands in potential insurance increases that can last for years. At the end of the day, $25 is better than $2,500.
How Do I Register for Traffic School?
We’ve made it as easy as possible for you to select traffic school as your plan of action following a traffic incident. After visiting our website, here are the 3 steps you need to complete to start changing your future for the better:
- Enter your information. We ask for your first name, last name, and email so that we are able to stay in contact with you throughout the duration of the course.
- Enter your payment details. We take care of both the course and state fee all in once for you, at a price of just $24.89.
- Start learning. At this point, you have entered our traffic course and are able to start using our learning materials, guides, and resources so you can prepare for all of the necessary tests throughout the modules.
Once you pass the final test, you will be able to download your certificate of completion so that you can immediately apply to have any points or violations removed from your record. Once this has been filed, you can send proof to the insurance company to avoid an inflation in rates, saving you majorly in the long run.
Am I Eligible for Traffic School?
Although it varies by state, there are a few common requirements that you can count on when it comes to traffic school eligibility:
- You can
only sit for the course once in a 12-18-month period.
- Traffic school is not supposed to be an easy solution that every person can elect when they mess up out on the road. It’s supposed to be a fix that you use hopefully just once in your life to regain safe driving habits and responsibility. Therefore, most states will not let you take the course more than once in a 1-2-year period, so that you understand it’s not always an easy option available to you.
cannot complete the course more than 5 times in your life.
- Going along with that point, you cannot complete a traffic course more than 5 times in your life. Again, if you could take it every year for 50 years, that would be counterintuitive. It would not teach you to start driving more safely. In Florida, you cannot take the course more than 5 times in your life.
- You are
required to take the course if you cause more than 2 accidents in one-year.
- If you are causing multiple accidents in one-year, the court might mandate that you complete the course. If the judge rules they were not entirely your fault, special arrangements might be made that will accommodate your unique situation.
with commercial licenses cannot take the course.
- Regardless of the vehicle you were operating at the time of the incident, if you hold a commercial driver’s license, then you need to pursue your own path of remediation that will relate to your job and licensing structure.
If all 4 of these stipulations are in-line with your current state, then you are eligible to sit for traffic school! Again, rules and regulations will vary based on state, as well as the traffic offense and the opinion of the judge. It’s best to check the specific rules for your state before you go into court without an understanding of what to expect.
Local government in the U.S. wants you to complete traffic safety courses, which is why they make it a viable option for those that are not repeat offenders.
We hope we have answered all of your questions related to “how much is traffic school?” so that you know what to expect heading into the next few months. As we mentioned, we are proud to offer one of the fastest traffic school certification programs in the country, providing you with what you need in just 4-hours. As a state-sponsored school in Florida, you will receive everything you need instantly, all for under $25. For the sake of your insurance premiums, make the case for a traffic school selection today.